Dwight School is the first school in the Americas to offer all four International Baccalaureate programs from preschool to grade 12. Guided by our philosophy of igniting the spark of genius in every child, Dwight is an inclusive school that aims to meet the unique needs, abilities, and interests of each student. At the same time, Dwight challenges every student to develop intellectual independence, respect for diversity and belonging, and to become innovators and thought leaders.
Known for its low student-teacher ratio, Dwight enrolls 1,100 students with 400 faculty and staff. Our School rests on three pillars: personalized learning, community, and global vision. As part of a leading global network of schools, Dwight offers employees exciting cross-campus opportunities. Additionally, with the support of The Dwight School Foundation’s generous grants, Dwight provides faculty professional development, enabling teachers to deepen their content knowledge and pursue their own sparks of genius to be shared with the community.
At Dwight, we strive to ensure that our environment is welcoming — a place in which everyone can thrive — and an organization we are proud of. We recognize that this takes trusting relationships and ensuring that all individuals feel valued regardless of their backgrounds. At Dwight, we encourage diversity in all respects, including diversity of thought, and embrace innovation and foster collaboration and growth.
We consistently strive to advance the equity, diversity and belonging of our community in all domains, including the curriculum, admissions, environment, and hiring. Our goal is to achieve and maintain equal employment opportunities, with policies in place to maintain a work environment free from discrimination.
MYP Design & Technology Teacher
Full Time, 7:30 am-4 pm
Compensation commensurate upon experience: $65,000-$120,000
Authorization to work in the United States is required
Dwight School, an innovative preschool-grade 12 coeducational school on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, is seeking a self-directed, experienced, and energetic Design and Engineering Teacher to begin in August 2023.
- Teach multiple sections of MYP design technology classes in the Upper School
- Help maintain the Spark Lab, Dwight’s 9th-12th grade makerspace
- Model innovative technology use for other Dwight faculty members
- Mentor students through Dwight School’s Spark Tank program and teach an Upper School after-school club once per week
- Teaching experience in one or more of the following disciplines: design; engineering; digital fabrication, robotics
- Experience working in a school with a 1:1 program
- Experience with the IB Middle Years Program Design/Technology (highly preferred)
- Experience in digital fabrication techniques and machines, software (Adobe Creative Suite, Fusion 360) and hardware (Prusa, Ultimaker, Trotec)
- Ability to work collaboratively and collegially with a diverse community of students and educators
- Ability to contribute positively to the community with passion, patience and humor
We are committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as accessible as possible for everyone. This includes making adjustments or changes for disabled people or people with long-term health conditions. If you would like us to do anything differently during the recruitment process, or provide any information in an alternative format, please let us know.
Dwight School’s goal is to achieve and maintain equal employment opportunities. It is also the policy of Dwight School to maintain a work environment free from discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, marital status, or other status protected by federal or state law, with regards to any term or condition of employment