Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role…
As the Director of Product Design, Mobile Apps you are a member of the world-class CNN Digital Product Design Team, which is responsible for creating industry-leading user experiences engaged by millions across the globe. CNN Digital is driven by a shared commitment to put our users at the center of the experiences we build and to push the boundaries on what an exceptional digital experience can be.
The Director of Product Design, Mobile Apps is an experienced mobile design leader, who’ll collaborate with design, product, engineering, research, editorial, and analytics to reimagine our mobile apps in order to be a modern news destination that integrates our world-class journalism into users’ daily habits. In this role you will have the opportunity to impact the future of CNN’s digital experience, one of the most trusted news organizations in the world, and at the same time impact CNN’s bottom line.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Steer and communicate the vision for the growth and execution of the CNN mobile app experience from daily improvements to long term strategies, laddering into the overall CNN Digital Product strategy.
- Foster a deep collaborative culture and promote partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Manage a team of product designers to identify user needs, collaborate on research and testing, and execute on stellar designs that ladder into the mobile roadmap.
- Guide, with user research and analytics data, to develop a deep understanding of how users engage, what matters to them and identify pain points.
- Empower and mentor your design team; fostering a cohesive, committed, passionate, productive, and positive environment; champion new ideas, and work towards the highest caliber of craft and a best-in-class mobile experience within a growing team.
- Be committed to challenging the status quo, understanding the boundaries of mobile technology, and the business; but most importantly knowing when to push it.
Qualifications and Experience…
- 10+ years related work experience leading design in Digital Media/Technology companies, with a focus on native mobile experiences.
- 5+ years managing and building teams of designers.
- Deep understanding of mobile technologies.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, and a proven track record of executing on a design vision and influence cross-functionally.
- Data-driven, with extensive experience testing and refining to continually improve upon metrics.
- Experience creating and streamlining workflows for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Expertise in Figma with deep knowledge of utilizing design systems; extensive experience in program management tools such as Confluence and Jira
- Experience and passion for affecting culture change.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery’s total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $189,000.00 – $351,000.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.