Internship in Mobile Experience Prototyping @ Intel Labs: Interaction & Experience Research job #s 616413 (Portland, OR), 615871 (Santa Clara, CA)
In 2010, Intel announced the formation of a new research lab dedicated to exploring and envisioning the future of computing. Under the leadership of Intel Fellow Genevieve Bell, the Interaction & Experience Research Lab continues to evolve Intel’s long-standing emphasis on the importance of understanding (and designing for) the human experience in technological innovation. Here at Intel, we are tremendously excited about this unique opportunity to lead a major corporate technology research lab from a human-centered perspective. We are looking for a select few, exceptionally talented folks who share that excitement to join our team, working in areas such as natural UI and contextual computing.
We are now accepting applications for an intern who has experience and skills in designing, prototyping, and developing applications for mobile phones and tablets, and who is currently enrolled a bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD program and matriculating toward a degree. The successful candidate will be joining a world-class team of industry researchers, designers, and technologists with a wide variety of disciplinary backgrounds – including social scientists, design researchers, interaction designers, human factors engineers, and technology innovators.
If you have strong visual and interaction design skills, experience prototyping and coding mobile apps, and an appreciation for technology…. If you are passionate about making ideas tangible and find creative inspiration in the constraints imposed by real-world business demands…. If you possess a specialist’s deep expertise and are willing to expand your current skill set to acquire a generalist’s appreciation of other disciplines…. If you enjoy the challenges that come with working on multidisciplinary teams and want to do the hard work that will have impact on a wide range of industries and their technological futures, please send us a CV/resume, a cover letter explaining your interest, two or three professional references, and a sample of what you think is some of the best work you have done. This is a full-time, paid position, and the length of the internship is six months (with the possibility of an extension). Compensation is competitive. We are a team that believes we achieve our best results when we work together, so candidates must be willing to relocate to the Santa Clara, California or Hillsboro/Portland, OR area for the duration of the internship (six months or more).
Job responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
• Designing and building working prototypes of future mobile and tablet experiences
• Hands-on, rapid development of prototype mobile apps and services (preferably on Android tablets)
• Extensive collaboration with design and research team members to synthesize user research, and develop/visualize product concepts, interaction schemes, and user experiences
• Contributing to the development of a tablet user experience strategy, positioning projects within the context of Intel’s business, industry/ecosystem developments, and emerging consumer behaviors
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the following:
• Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills paired with wild creativity
• Highly developed visual design skills and demonstrated fluency with visual design tools
• Enthusiasm and confidence; ability to work on projects independently with a good deal of self-direction
• Ability to balance personal interests and design sensibilities with the objectives of research colleagues and the needs of the business
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience would be obtained through your educational level research and/or relevant job/internship experiences.
Current enrollment in bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD program in design or engineering (or related program)
Strong interaction design skills, and be adept at structuring information and interaction schemes
Interest in “natural user interfaces”
Candidates should submit applications (including CV/resume, cover letter, 2-3 references, and work portfolio/sample) in digital format to Glen Anderson (email@example.com) and Adam Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org). The earlier candidates can apply, the better. Review will begin February 6 and continue until positions are filled. Interns must work in Santa Clara, CA or Hillsboro, OR. Relocation assistance is available.
[INTERN] Interaction & Experience Research Lab internships at Intel
More from InternMore posts in Intern »
- INTERNSHIPS: Arc Summer Internships – Art Director, Copywriter, Production, & Business Leadership
- INTERN: Summer at Sony Music Entertainment
- INTERNSHIP: Gallery Internship Opportunity at Alisan Fine Arts New York
- INTERNSHIPS: Volvox Labs Internships
- INTERNSHIP: Design Technologist Intern at the Innovation Center Network