Job Opportunity: Program Associate, Technology Programs at Fractured Atlas
Fractured Atlas is seeking a Program Associate, Technology Programs. The Program Associate is a member of the technology programs team at Fractured Atlas. He/she primarily serves the customer support function for the technology programs. The Program Associate reports to the Program Specialist, ATHENA/Artful.ly and Program Specialist, Spaces.
We seek candidates who are committed to helping artists function more effectively as small businesses and believe in the transformative power of technology. The majority of our staff are, or were, artists who have chosen to serve the community at large by working at Fractured Atlas.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide front-line customer service and support for all of Fractured Atlas’s technology programs, with particular emphasis on Artful.ly and Spaces;
- Help develop training materials for staff, users, and partners that encourage best practices in data collection, business management, marketing, and customer service;
- Work with the technology teams to catch software bugs, prioritize feature requests, and identify product improvements; and,
- Coordinate usability testing of new features and sites throughout the organization.
SECONDARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help develop and execute marketing strategies for both products;
- Assist with programmatic outreach events such as community design sessions, focus groups, presentations, and product demonstrations in the NYC area; and,
- Perform other Technology Programs team duties as needed. Work with the rest of the Fractured Atlas team to further our mission and programs as opportunities arise.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS
- Must be comfortable working in a very fast-paced environment and able to adapt to frequent, rapid changes and exchanges all while delivering stellar customer service;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a meticulous attention to detail, and creative problem solving skills;
- Self-motivated and hyper-organized with the ability to manage responsibilities independently while working with a small, tight-knit staff;
- Experience in the following areas is a plus: Teaching/coaching;
- Basic video or screencast editing; Sales; Fundraising, Box office management, or Member services; and,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with web-based software a must.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Starting salary is $40,000. Benefits include health insurance, employer-contributed 401K plan, TransitChek, professional development and ticket allowance, vacation, sick and personal days, and a casual but hard-working, friendly and supportive office environment. Fractured Atlas is an equal opportunity employer.
To be considered for the position, please email the items below in one PDF-formatted file with your name as the filename to Tim Cynova, Deputy Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Program Associate, Technology Programs” as the email’s subject line.
- A substantive cover letter including the following information: your interest in the position and the organization, what you will bring to the position and Fractured Atlas, why you are the ideal candidate, the date you are available to start, and three professional references.
- A résumé no longer than (2) pages outlining your educational and professional experience.
- The following writing assignment, no longer than two pages: A short article critiquing the user experience design of a popular website of your choosing.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered nor will submissions sent via postal mail or fax. No calls please (we mean it).
POSTING DATE February 15, 2012. Deadline for submissions is March 15, 2012
ABOUT FRACTURED ATLAS
Fractured Atlas is the nation’s largest non-profit arts service organization with a multi-disciplinary membership of over 20,000 independent artists and arts organizations. Its core service areas include fiscal sponsorship, the nation’s only arts liability insurance program, health insurance navigation, professional development, and advocacy. Fractured Atlas’s Open Arts Network brings its programs and services to an audience of over 100,000 artists and arts groups nationwide. Its technology-based programs include Performing Arts Spaces and professional development through Fractured U. Fractured Atlas is developing ATHENA, an open-source software platform for the cultural sector, and Archipelago, a suite of online cultural asset mapping tools.