SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER
Job Category: Software Engineering: Program Management
Location: United States, WA, Redmond
Job ID: 786122
Product: (Not Product Specific)
Division: Microsoft Research
27 percent of all time online is spent in social networks – globally, that’s over 18 billion minutes every day. Facebook passed Google in time spent online. Social computing is increasingly central to the future of software. Do you want in?
FUSE (Future Social Experiences) Labs is looking for an outstanding Sr. Program Manager to help us discover, define, and invent the future of social media. FUSE is an applied research lab, we build and prototype quickly, our goal is to fail fast and learn faster.
Program Management in FUSE is a whirlwind, the ideal will encompass the following traits:
• Show passionate about the social space
• Be able to span technically from writing code to writing a spec to working with designer on UX
• Have an understanding of building for web, mobile, PC, and even game consoles. If not, an ability to learn this quickly
• Demonstrate flexibility and agility in process and outlook. Change in the social media space is accelerating, we need to keep up
• Be willing to speak publicly about social media. We spend a lot of time evangelizing our projects and research to Microsoft and beyond
• Public speaking both internally and externally as we are asked to share our learning broadly.
• Flexibility to work on whatever is needed, when it’s needed and to constantly learn .
• Work with User Design to build beautiful user experiences. We believe that Design is a core piece of building a great product.
• 5+ years’ experience working in a PM or Dev/Test capacity
• Experience working with leadership to plan new projects and evolve current projects
• Manage all facets of the PM cycle
Sound interesting? Challenging? Fun? Come talk with us about it and let’s find out.