Position: Interactive Art Director
Location: New York
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Interactive Art Director works alongside sales, account management and marketing to oversee creative projects through concept, execution and optimization, with special attention to measurable results. The Interactive Art Director manages the junior designer, as well as freelance designers, copywriters and vendors, providing art direction and leadership as well as scoping design phases accurately and efficiently while maintaining budgets. In addition, the Interactive Art Director is responsible for optimizing and refining products to exceed industry standards.
• Collaborate with sales department to develop custom advertising solutions based on creative briefs and direction from the Creative Director.
• Manage, educate and mentor junior design staff to promote growth and further the capabilities of the creative department.
• Transform client’s marketing/business goals into effective, measurable design solutions.
• Create project scope and facilitate timelines, budgets and deliverables.
• Manage and art direct third-party vendors and independent contractors in all aspects, including vendor vetting, budgeting, timeline creation, execution, presentation and optimization.
• Optimize and refine existing products based on analytic goals.
• Participate in the creation of new, measurable products under the direction of the Creative Director.
• Effectively present rationales, concepts, finished work and analytic results to internal staff, clients and publishers.
• Collaborate with publishers for creative approval, concept brainstorming and new product integration.
• Maintain superior standards for organization, management, quality, accuracy and efficiency under precise budgets and tight, concurrent deadlines.
• Demonstrate expert understanding of integrated marketing strategies and analytics as well as current creative trends, industry best practices and the latest techniques/technologies driving cutting-edge executions and new products.
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Fine Arts or Computer Science.
• Minimum of 6-8 years experience designing layouts for online advertising, Web sites, ecommerce, and/or Web-based applications.• Strong leadership skills, with the ability to lead a team, manage and mentor junior designers.
• Analytic expertise, with a passion for measurable results and data-driven optimization.
• Experience managing budgets and vetting vendors.
• Internet advertising awareness, with a focus on product development.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interface with clients and publishers, as well as internally.
• Strong conceptual skills in visual development and creative execution with experience determining the overall creative approach of large-scale projects.
• Ability to work seamlessly across various mediums (print, Web, etc.).
• Expertise in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Experience in Adobe Fireworks, Flash, Dreamweaver and InDesign a plus.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products, knowledge of PowerPoint themes and design usage a plus.
• Experience with DoubleClick Studio a plus.
• Experience with Basecamp project management software a plus.
• Knowledge of CSS / HTML 4.0 and higher, some knowledge of HTML 5 a plus.