Brooklyn-based emerging artist seeks freelance part-time production assistant to work on upcoming projects involving cutting-edge technology and installations. Projects will involve drone helicopters, large-scale digital printing on delicate surfaces, inflatables, and holograms.
– Production research: sourcing affordable fabrication solutions, materials, and additional freelance assistance, as well as researching technology.
– Coordinating production and liaising with outside contractors
– Image research
– Assisting the artist with testing and assembling works in the studio
– Assisting the artist with design and digital-modeling
– Assisting the artist with rudimentary sculpting with clay and foam
– Candidates should be extremely organized, detail-oriented, adept at multi-tasking, and good at solving problems
– Excellent communication and correspondence skills are essential
– Experience with technology is indispensable. The ideal candidate can quickly and independently pick-up software and learn to use new equipment
– Proficiency with Photoshop is essential
– Knowledge of Illustrator, Indesign, Sketchup, Cinema4D, Mudbox, Zbrush, Final Cut, After Effects, Logic Pro, AppleScript Editor is a plus
– Knowledge of Arduino is a plus
– A good sense of humor
This is a temporary part-time paid position, two days a week, noon to 7pm. Jobs start now and will last a minimum of 3 months, potentially longer. Studio is located in Williamsburg, a block away from the Lorimer L stop. Salary commensurate with experience.
Send resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.