SUMMER internships at Groupon, located in Palo Alto, CA
Please send resume and portofolio links to: Kristen O’Brien, firstname.lastname@example.org
Groupon’s Mission: To Become the Operating System of Local Commerce
How You Can Help: We’re looking for a talented communication design intern to
complement our growing Design Union.
Groupon has not only been deemed the fastest growing company ever by Forbes Magazine and
the Wall Street Journal, it’s redefining everyday the way that consumers and merchants interact
around the globe. As part of our multi-disciplinary design team, you will assist with creative
explorations, design revisions, comp creation, presentation design, and all associated research.
What’s in it for you?
· Gain experience working in a fast-paced, professional environment alongside engineers,
marketing professionals, project managers, sales staff, and company executives.
· Learn proper workflow procedures and software techniques.
· Learn how to translate client requests into effective design solutions
· Develop the vocabulary to speak about your work in a professional environment.
· Build a solid skill set and prove it in a formal environment to provide a firm foundation for your
The ideal candidate will:
· Be pursuing or possess a BA, BFA, HCI, or other design-related degree
· Present a diverse portfolio of print and web design samples
· Be able to develop complex, conceptual solutions
· Be able to solve complex problems using logical reasoning
· Be extremely attentive to minor details
· Possess exceptional communication and presentation skills, including the ability to translate
ideas into tangible design solutions while clearly articulating the reasoning behind them
· Maintain a solid understanding of standard design principles, including grid systems and
· Be a dedicated team member with an enthusiastic, positive attitude
· Be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
Primary consideration will be given to candidates who:
· Are already active members of the design community
· Possess knowledge of XHTML & CSS
The Kind of Person We Need (Product)
Do something massive. Groupon is looking for new grad designers to design and build the
next generation of Groupon. We work in small, independent and agile teams, and collaborate
with engineers and product managers to implement high impact products quickly. Our team
is fun, quirky, and includes some of the best and brightest in the industry. There are not a lot
of boundaries here, so expect to make a big impact. The design you build today is on the site
for millions to use the same week. We offer opportunities to build dynamic and fun web UI,
mobile applications for iPhone, iPad and Android. Join a team that is not just building great
products, we are changing how the world views local commerce.
The Kind of Stuff You’ll Be Doing
● Implement the next generation of Groupon products and features for web and mobile
● Design personalized experiences for each of our millions of customers
● Work with engineering team to build intuitive and functional interfaces
● Design collateral that millions will see
● Concept products that will change local commerce
● Work closely with the rest of the design team
The Kind of Experience We Expect
● Graduating with a BA, BFA, HCI degree or design related degree
● Designing for both print and the web
● Obsessive about quality
● Not afraid to jump into all levels of product development
● Professional web experience is a big plus
● Development skills is a plus