User Interaction Designer
New York, NY
Primary Job Responsibilities
As an interaction designer, you must have a strong technical background and work closely with Engineers and Product Managers to design products that are simple but great for the user, focusing on interaction and visual design.
Your job is to be an advocate for a strong customer experience. By taking a proactive approach to designing wireframes, mockups, rich prototypes & solutions, you will drive our end-to-end experiences through a thoughtful end-user approach.
You will have end-to-end design ownership from storyboards to implementation:
- Help to define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features.
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change. Plus, iterate on designs based on user feedback, technology constraints and market dynamics.
- Gain a deep understanding of user motivations, market opportunities and competition.
- Define and drive future vision and own the evolution of the user experience for a wide range of complex products.
- Create, champion and maintain design standards and industry best practices across the site.
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the organization.
- BA/BS in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience)
- 3+ years experience designing outstanding web-based products for a consumer-oriented website
- Independently researched and strong knowledge of user interaction best practices
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or Fireworks
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- Strong, clean visual design sense
- Solid understanding of: web, hand-held device and mobile graphics techniques and production practices
- Strong portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – annotate of wireframes
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to identify key designs, prototypes and research projects
- Provide technical expertise in modern web standards
- Ability to facilitate discussions, and define and run workshops guiding small groups to uncover opportunity often in the face of ambiguity
- Expert understanding of design issues for complex online experiences and products\
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.