Studio Mercury is an internationally renowned design consultancy in Downtown Brooklyn is offering services in branding, web design, mobile app design, photography and film. Our customers include companies serving fashion, education, lifestyle, art, cultural and design institutions. Established in 2008, Studio Mercury’s clients include Martha Stewart Living, Condé Nast, The Daily Beast, Core77, MIT, NYU, RISD, and the Guggenheim Museum. We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and talented Web Developer to join our interactive team.
Web Developers at Studio Mercury are involved in a variety of projects which require development using open source Web applications, front-end website development, and back-end CMS integration. Our small team project management offers opportunities for input into the creative solutions, a collaborative development process and the opportunity to develop the project from start to finish.
– 3-5 years of experience
– Capable of taking designs from Photoshop and implementing across browsers (even the older ones!) and platforms (desktop, mobile, and tablet)
– Capable of developing Web applications in PHP and a LAMP environment – we do not develop Microsoft ASP/.NET/ColdFusion in house
– Ability to approach technical challenges with an open mind and desire to innovate
– Appreciation of great design and thrive in a creative environment
– Capable of building custom database Web solutions with the ability to optimize SQL
– Familiar with CMS solutions such as Drupal and WordPress
– Mobile app experience is a plus, but not a requirement for this position
– Ability to code in a collaborative development environment using version control systems like git
– Flash experience is a plus, but not a requirement for this position
Competitive salary with a benefits package that includes medical and dental.
A great work environment in downtown Brooklyn, New York.
A collaborative team environment with award-winning designers and developers committed to producing quality work for great clients across the country.
Paid holidays and solid vacation/personal time.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide links to at least three Web sites you developed, or a link to your personal portfolio site. Please include descriptions of your role in the project and any helpful insight. Applicants must also submit a resume with professional experience.