RFP: Web Designer
Issue Date: January 11, 2013
Submission Date: January 30, 2013
Women’s World Banking “WWB” is looking for a vendor to design and develop our new website, along with bug fix support for 3-months post launch.
WWB is an international network of 39 microfinance institutions in 27 countries. The network serves over 26 million customers, over 80% of whom are women. The mission of the WWB global network is to expand the economic assets, participation and power of low-income women and their households by helping them access financial services, knowledge and markets.
The new website (womensworldbanking.org) is based on a rebranding that is currently taking place. WWB’s current website was originally designed and developed in 2008 and is built on the Drupal platform. The site is maintained primarily through in-house resources although complex components are outsourced. The design firm responsible for the new visual identity will be providing the template and brand guidelines and will serve as an advisor throughout the web design process.
The goals for our website are to position WWB as the leader in women’s financial inclusion; build brand awareness; and drive increased donations.
Target Audience, Actions, Metrics
- WWB’s website serves the following purposes:
- Showcases our work positioning WWB as thought leaders in women’s financial inclusion
- Drives interest for potential donors
- Allows for a seamless donation experience
- Highlights events
- Encourage sharing of our work
The target audiences for the site are:
- Individual donors/supporters
- International development, microfinance, gender specialists
- Corporate and family foundations
Select Actions and Metrics
- Time spent on site
- # of pages visited
- Viewing/downloads of content including publications/videos/blog posts
- Tracking of donation path and donations received
- E-mail capture
Objectives & Responsibilities
WWB is looking for a vendor who will be able to take WWB’s new visual identity (new logo, color scheme, fonts, etc) along with updated messaging to reengineer our site to better communicate our mission and story and provide our target audiences with a seamless user experience, whether they are reading about our latest research on women’s financial needs or donating to our organization or gaining a quick understanding of our work. In addition, we are looking for a consultant who can develop a site and build or recommend a content management system that is easy to maintain by in-house business users , as well as have the flexibility to grow in additional content or cut as necessary. Weekly updates occur including news, new videos, new blog posts, photos and publications.
The site will need to accommodate video, photography, blogs, a newsroom, presentations, as well as a compelling, easy-to-update donation experience that will seamlessly integrate with Salesforce.com. The Salesforce.com integration will need to allow for donations, payment recording/processing, email capture, and event management. In addition, the Center for Microfinance Leadership micro-site, http://leadership.
We currently have approximately 50 core pages on our site. Due to streamlining our messaging and having a cleaner user interface, we expect there to be fewer pages than we currently host. WWB is doing the initial assessment which we will work with the vendor to finalize. We do not need to keep the Drupal platform if there is a superior choice that will allow our team to manage site updates efficiently. Our team of copywriters will be drafting the text for the new website taking into account SEO.
The web team will be responsible for the following:
- Wireframe (based off initial template from design firm)
- Back-end development
- Donor form that integrates with Salesforce.com
- Event registration form that integrates with Salesforce.com
- E-mail capture form that integrates with Salesforce.com
- Archival or database system
- Client team training
- 3-month support post-launch
- Expertise in both back-end development and front-end design and development
- Payment and donation processing with appropriate security levels
- Integration with Salesforce.com
For the purpose of the proposal, assume 35 pages. This project is scheduled to begin at the beginning of March. Please submit the following to be considered for this project:
- Detailed outline of process
- Timeline (with assumptions included) by milestones and deliverables specified
- Budget (with assumptions included). Please specify itemized by task and deliverable and hours/rate. Proposals with general budgets will not be considered.
- List of project team members and resources outlined with respective rates
- Three examples of work
- Three references
Proposals are due no later than January 30, 2013 at 5:00pm EST to email@example.com. Please include: RFP: Website Redesign as the subject of the email and include the WWB JOB# 1390
Applicants may submit their question(s) in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the e-mail subject line “Questions: Website Redesign” and the WWB JOB#1390
This RFP does not guarantee or commit WWB to proceeding with the above described work. Due to the overwhelming responses not all candidates will be contacted.
Women’s World Banking is an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.