UX Designer – Jr to Mid-Level
Barker DZP is seeking an experienced UX Designer to join our team and help grow our UX discipline. We are growing rapidly and have great projects that we need help with. We are looking for people who are truly passionate about user experience design and who can apply their craft to a myriad of projects and accounts.
- Conduct user research and gather requirements from key stakeholders during discovery phase. Conduct heuristic evaluations and competitive analyses. Translate all of these finds into requirements and features
- Create wireframes, user flows, site maps, user personas, functional specifications and any other deliverables to communicate the vision, design, experience and functionality of the final product.
- Collaborate closely with our team of designers, art directors and developers to take a project from initial idea to final product.
- Help manage the digital production process
- Stay current with web design trends (RWD, HTML5, mobile web, social media) and be ready to apply them when needed.
- Be creative and introduce new ideas and approaches to projects.
- Be a champion for UX and help educate the team on best practices around IA, web design, usability and interaction design.
- Report to the Director of Interactive
- At least 3-5 years of solid UX experience at an agency or client side.
- Have several digital projects under your belt and have the portfolio to prove it.
- Regular use of Omnigraffle, Visio or InDesign for documentation and deliverables
- Experience with the CS suite of products
- Knowledge of user center design processes and methodology
- Appreciation for good design because that’s what we do well here
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a team and clients.
- Ability to work on multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary individuals.
- Detail oriented, self starter, and excellent planner. You will not mico-managed.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Interaction Design, Computer Science, HCI, Information Science, Industrial Design, Graphic Design or New Media.
Interested candidates must submit a resume and portfolio or case studies. Applications without these items will not be considered. Send to:email@example.com
Barker DZP is a new-breed branding, advertising, interactive and social media agency dedicated to the re-integration of disciplines and powered by big ideas. We’re built from a core of big agency veterans who understand the new world of consumer engagement, with strong capabilities in branding, design, user experience, digital media, social media, and content production.