Fab is seeking a world-class talent to join the Fab User Experience team in our NYC office. The Senior Manager of UX will report to Fab’s Senior Vice President of UX and work closely with Fab’s CEO to further evolve the Fab user experience.
Who you are:
- You think broadly and push forward independently. You are comfortable single-handedly taking a concept from a one sentence idea to a robust product feature ready for release.
- You are an amazing user experience designer and have a fantastic eye for graphic design, you know it, and you are not shy about it.
- Pixel perfection. You understand what it is and why it’s critical.
- You thrive in a fast-paced mentality. We ship code every day. We are constantly challenging ourselves to push the boundaries of e-commerce.
Key areas you will build, own and be accountable for:
- Manage a team of designers. A large part of this role will be managing a team of young, energetic UX designers and leading them to take projects from ideation through to launch providing team coordination, task prioritization, and feedback.
- Conceptualize, define and execute new user-facing new products and features. Define use cases, user flows, and feature requirements.
- Make our users smile. Take ownership of ensuring that the Fab UX stays Fab as we introduce new features and products at a rapid pace, and that we are delivering smiles with every release.
What you must do to be considered:
To complete the application process, you will have to complete the following 5 questions upon submitting your resume. The right candidate will take this as an opportunity to stand out, and really show us why you kick ass!
1. Conduct a review of Fab’s current user experience across web and mobile.
2. Present a list of top 5 improvements to our user experience you would work on immediately. Please have at least one recommendation each for web, mobile, and email.
3. Present a list of at least 3 new ideas you would want to see take form. Please have at least one recommendation each for web and mobile.
4. Provide wireframes/mockups for one of the ideas you propose.
5. Present examples of user experiences that you personally led and/or designed
What you must have:
- 3+ years experience in user experience and/or consumer product management
- Experience managing a team
- Strong understanding of user-centered design methodologies and processes
- Experience coordinating and executing product releases
- Deep understanding of web standards, Internet technology, and industry trends
- Willing to learn and proven ability to adapt.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to make it fun
Want to know more? We would love to share it!
Follow us on LinkedIn
Read about us in Forbes and Handelsblatt.
Fab. Smiles. Guaranteed.