This position is a member of the Digital Library Technology Services (DLTS) unit, which processes, enables access to and preserves digital materials that come from both the NYU community and from collaborating partner organizations. Our methods include digitization, software development, research, project coordination and the articulation of best practices. DLTS creates infrastructure and systems to advance networked scholarly communication and explores the questions raised by the use of these services as they continue to evolve.
Application and resume must include a cover letter that reflects how your experience fits the position description.
For more information about DLTS, see: http://dlib.nyu.edu
NYU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Position Summary: Plan, configure, and manage both in-house and cloud environments for DLTS. The incumbent will also provide advanced technical assistance in support of faculty and interact with librarians, staff, and scholars as appropriate.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Linux administration (any flavor)
* LAMP and Tomcat environment setup and maintenance
* Demonstrated success working in a collaborative environment with technical and non-technical partners
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* MySQL database administration
* Scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP)
* Experience with cloud hosting
* Drupal platform administration
* Experience installing and maintaining enterprise applications, such as WordPress, Omeka, or Open Journal
* Experience providing training or workshops and/or presenting in scholarly venues