Experience Designer – AV Technical Specialist
ESI Design is a pioneering innovation and experience design consultancy. We create integrated experiences – physical spaces, interactive activities, collaboration tools, engagement programs – that help organizations build connections, activate audiences, and grow.
We are seeking an Experience Designer, with a strong interest in or background in Audio Visual technologies and systems design, to work as part of a large cross-disciplinary team developing experience designs for public places. The Designer will be responsible for supporting design teams in developing creative, innovative solutions and novel technological platforms that are robust and are seamlessly integrated into the overall designed experience. We are looking for a designer that is flexible and can work with new technologies as well as find new applications for existing technologies.
• Idea development with a focus on AV technical strategy working with project teams during ideation, design and production project phases
• Design and run mockups and play-testing in our LAB space and off-site
• Conduct production observation including, site/shop reviews, AV systems document review, punch lists, and trouble shooting
• Coordinate with external partners and consultants such as systems integrators, fabricators and architects for technologies and systems related issues
• Project cost estimating for AV technologies and installation
• Schematic systems design document production
• Prototyping and testing of new technologies, applications and systems
• Provide in-house technology support through introduction of technology into our office environment and design process
• Knowledge of audio visual control systems, hardware and software
• Knowledge of architectural drawing software (Vectorworks, CAD software)
• Familiarity with electrical schematics and systems design schematics
• An advanced degree specializing in interactive Technologies, Audio Visual Design, Entertainment Technology, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years of experience in developing experience design for public spaces
The job is based in New York City, with occasional travel required.
To apply please email CV to the following address with Experience Designer – AV Technical Specialist in the subject line”