HTML5 Game Developer
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street, the landmark television program that reaches millions of children every day in more than 150 countries. The Workshop’s mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere reach their highest potential. Delivered through a variety of platforms, Sesame Workshop develops researchbased content – including television programs, books, games, mobile apps and community engagement initiatives –that supports early childhood learning, helps prepare children for school, and addresses developmental needs. The Workshop’s programs are tailored to the needs of specific regions and focus on topics that help young children and families develop critical skills for lifelong learning. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.
The Game Developer will work on a range of productions within the organization. There are 3 main function of this position
1. Support HTML5 games and apps in production with our vendors
2. Support game live operations and tuning
3. Work on rapid prototypes of new game ideas and frameworks
In addition to the above the position will support the Workshop in multiple facets of game development and strategic planning. The position requires experience in both game development and a demonstration of strong technical and analytical skills. Candidates should have an interest in children’s development and games for learning be able to provide example(s) of projects authored using HTML5 canvas.
Responsibilities Could Include But Not Limited To
● Be the technical voice guiding game development teams
● Live turning online games
● Implement and maintain game analytics
● Work as part of a game prototyping Team to rapidly prototype new game concepts
● Help improve and increase our body of HTML5 Games
● Help Manage and improve the Games Archive
● Contribute to Technical Games Strategy
● Work with Producers, Researchers, and the QA team to deploy and test builds
● Iterate and improve games based on user testing and analytics
● Ability to make fun games – an innate sense for fun.
● Ability to be self directed and comfortable in the creative process.
● Ability to write crossbrowser & cross platform compatible HTML5 code
● Ability to write elegant and documented code
● Experience with 2D game frameworks like Haxe or Cocos 2D
● Experience with Google Analytics and Google Play Game Services
● Unity experience a plus
● Comfort working with Source Control
● Understanding of game analytics and implementation
● Familiarity with best practices in game live operations
● Experience with flash games a plus
● iPhone/Mobile/App development a plus
● Strong willingness to learn, A team player, and good listener
● Creative problem solver
To apply Please send a cover letter, resume, and link with the subject, “HTML5 Game Developer to: firstname.lastname@example.org