Here’s what we’re after:
- Strong command of object-oriented PHP.
- Strong command of HTML and CSS, as well as a commitment to web standards and making accessible, usable websites which degrade gracefully on older browsers.
- Experience with relational databases, e.g. MySQL, MSSQL.
- Experience working on mobile platforms, e.g. iOS, Android and web-for-mobile frameworks such as Cordova or Sencha.
- Some experience with Linux web server administration and deployment, e.g. Apache, Bash scripting, etc.
- Familiarity with version control, e.g. git, svn.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services cloud architecture patterns and practices.
- Familiarity with Agile development practices.
Additionally, we’re keeping an eye out for exceptional candidates who may have:
- Experience with UX design and information architecture.
- Experience building and maintaining content management tools.
- Familiarity with at other dynamic programming languages, e.g. Ruby, Objective-C.
- Experience with e-commerce and PCI compliance.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other project stakeholders, to manage multiple responsibilities independently, while adhering to established departmental technology standards both in back-end and front-end architecture. With mobile development crossing further into web-based territory with frameworks like Cordova, we’re also looking for someone who can push the boundaries of what is possible with web technologies for mobile devices.
This is a full-time position located at the Museum’s offices in Brooklyn. Located on the top floor, our office lacks fancy furniture or ping-pong tables, but we’re housed inside a 19th century neoclassical monument sharing space with priceless art, so we’re ok with that. This is a fast-paced, but fun environment which we balance by keeping a commitment to a 35 hour week. This position does not include telecommuting or relocation; qualified candidates must be able to commute daily to the Brooklyn Museum. No recruiters please.
Brooklyn Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants for positions are considered without regard to race, creed, color, country of origin, sex, age, citizenship, disability or sexual orientation. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply. The Immigration and Control Act (1986) requires that all hires be in conformity with the law.
Twenty days of vacation time per year and free admission to museums nationwide.