Practice Leader of Media Architecture
ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design. Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
Your role as Practice Leader/ Media Architecture
• Design Quality Review & Development, work with Senior design staff, Department directors, and Principal to assure design quality including mentorship of designers, developing higher quality deliverables, and improving presentation techniques.
• Project Initiation
o New Clients,
• Finalize SOW, fee negotiations, and scheduling with Account Directors
• Transition new projects from Proposal to project Kick-off
• Identify Resourcing needs specific for a project, work with department directors and HR to staff accordingly
o Legacy Clients
• Conduct preliminary site visit with Design Lead, Account Director or Principal to identify project scope, resourcing needs, budget targets, desired schedule, special project or client needs
• Generate SOW with Account Director
• Transition project to assigned PM
• Ongoing Project & Account Duties:
o Oversee progress of projects throughout design and production phases
o Facilitate communication between PMs to mitigate resource issues, schedule conflicts, and project partner concerns
o Facilitation of Partner coordination meetings
o Oversee account calls with primary design and production partners (including Systems Integration, software production, and specialty design)
o PM Oversight
o Work with Production management team to solve schedule issues, client requests, change order management, vendor/partner issues
• Project Management of Key Project(s)
• Work with Director of Business Development to develop pitch strategies
• Present ESI services and portfolio to new potential clients and project partners
• At least 7+years of demonstrated experience leading teams through the life cycle of project.
• Must have excellent communication (verbal/written) skills
• Demonstrated experience developing project strategy and analytical problem solving
• Comfortable interacting with senior executives both within firm and to external partners and clients
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Keynote, Acrobat
• Recommended basic knowledge of FastTrack, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and online collaboration tools (Basecamp, Google apps suite)
• This position requires travel to client locations for meetings.
To be considered, please e-mail your cover letter and resume with the position as the subject to: email@example.com