Anchor is “radio by the people” – a platform where anyone can create and respond to short audio clips on any topic, and share with a global audience. The use cases are wide-ranging from global news to commentary to classroom discussion. The company is currently looking to hire an Executive Producer to identify and onboard content creators.
At Anchor, we’re on a mission to create the future of radio. To us, that means two things: building tools that make it easy for anyone to broadcast their voice in seconds (and sound good doing it), and crafting the smart, high quality, interactive listening experience that we’ve always wished existed. That listening experience is where you come in.
We’re looking for an Executive Producer to help us build the perfect listening experience, driving our creative content strategy and managing our network of audio creators. Your focus will be on crafting a vision for the listening experience in Anchor and doing whatever it takes to make it happen.
- Overseeing Anchor’s content team, consisting of both in-house employees and external freelance creators
- Hiring and maintaining a network of freelance creators who will be developing and producing audio content on a daily basis
- Crafting a cohesive content strategy spanning broad topics like News & Politics, Sports, Pop Culture, Comedy, and Technology
- Providing strategic creative guidance to network of creators
- Ensuring that Anchor is full of amazing, must-listen content on a daily basis
- Extensive experience as a lead producer, editor, or curator in the radio, television, or media industries
- Proven experience building, executing, and maintaining a long term content strategy, ideally in the audio space
- Experience recruiting, hiring and managing freelance creators
- Ability to think and work independently, and make creative decisions with confidence and with little direction
- A natural inclination to be plugged into social media and an innate awareness of what’s going on in the world and on the internet
- Deep understanding of ~content~ and what makes it spread organically on the internet
- A love of podcasts, talk radio, and/or audio (and you should be comfortable with recording your own voice!)