[Paid Internship for an Artist]
I’m developing two projects for early next year in NY and Taiwan, and seeking a part-time intern who’s experienced with projection mapping & visual background.
Duration: January 9th – March 31st, 2018
(It might take a month or two depending on workforce productivity)
Time Commitment: 1-2 times a week
Location: LES (231 Bowery) & few visits to exhibition venue (NJ)
Interactive Installation (Holographic projection), NY (in Feb-March)
I’m doing a AiR program at Nokia Bell Labs, in partnership with New Museum and currently working on a commissioned piece to do a public exhibition in Feb-March. It’s a large scale installation that will activate visuals and sound based on the audience members’ touch. (resistive sensing and etc) The visual and interactive portion is being developed by a creative studio in NY, so I’m looking for an intern who could support me with the followings.
• Assist me with prototyping, research, implementation (testing with large venue projectors on-site in NY and NJ)
• Experienced with working with projectors for large installation will be plus
• Experienced with fabrication and production (installation for testing)
• Motivate and interested working in creative environment
Projection mapped performance, Taiwan (in April)
It’s a commissioned project by a National Taipei University for my AiR. It will be an interactive performance piece using a touch sensor (similar to the one being used for another project). I’ll be working with a choreographer and dancers to create this 10min performance piece that will be visual & audio responsive. I’m seeking a motion graphic designer who could create a visual content for a performance OR a projection mapping developer.
• Professional experience in motion graphics
• Experienced with MadMapper or Touch Designer
• Dedicated and detail-oriented.
Ideal candidate will be someone who could be able to meet both projects’ qualifications.
Contact me for more info and send portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org