JOB POSTING AND TITLE – Student UI/UX Designer, NYU IT Operations Technology Services and Support
NYU IT Operations Technology Services and Support (OTSS) work group is seeking an eager student to join an agile
software design and development team working on Enterprise systems to streamline University operations.
They should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess UI skills, and be able to translate high-level requirements into
interaction flows and artifacts, transform them into intuitive and functional user interfaces, and create amazing and useful
It is preferable if they have some programming experience and an interest in application and database development.
They should be willing to learn new skills and take initiative. This job will provide lots of practical experience in the
application design and development lifecycle.
Job Responsibilities may include:
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction
and design ideas
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
• Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and time-management skills are important for this position.
• Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
• Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
• Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
• Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
Tools and Technologies used in OTSS:
• Design tools: Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Axure RP, Sketch, InVision, and related platforms.
Applicant should be familiar with the design tools or be willing to learn them on the job.
This is a year round, paid position and not an internship.
The Hourly rate is $20/hour. During the semester the candidate is expected to work 15-20 hours a week, based on their
class schedule, and 20-35 hours during extended breaks including summer. Start Date will be determined based on
discussion with the successful candidate.
Location of Work: 10 Astor Place, 7th Floor Eligibility for Work: The candidate should be eligible to work in USA.
How to Apply: Resumes should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The candidate will be interviewed and a hands on exercise will be administered as part of this interview.