HOURS: Full Time, nonexempt
Experience: Entry Level
NEW INC is the first museum-led incubator for cultural practitioners and creative
entrepreneurs working at the intersection of art, design and technology. Founded by the
New Museum in 2014 and now in its fourth year of operations, NEW INC offers a
shared workspace and professional development program designed to support an
interdisciplinary community of 100 creatives as they investigate new ideas and develop
sustainable business models.
The Program Coordinator is a vital administrative and production role on NEW INC’s
small but mighty team. The position will report to NEW INC’s Head of Operations and
Production, and be responsible for supporting key logistics, scheduling, office
administration and production tasks associated with running a productive 8,000 sq. ft.
co-working facility and administering a robust professional development program. The
position requires a candidate with meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail,
excellent problem-solving skills, an efficient and systems-oriented work style, and great
The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter able to juggle several projects and
tasks simultaneously. A skilled project manager who can deftly balance a budget,
organize a spreadsheet, plan and execute a production schedule, and work
collaboratively with team members. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter
who can identify and make recommendations for improvement and innovation, eager to
learn and quick to pick up new skills, and is generally knowledgeable in standard office
administrative software and tools.
• Supports the Tech & Facilities Manager and Head of Operations on executing all
daily space operations including cleanliness, repairs, mail, security accessibility,
and IT, working with relevant departments to address any larger adjustments or
concerns on a rolling basis. This includes but is not limited to: wifi and
accessibility, hardware, maintenance, replenishment of supplies, and space
• Assists the Head of Operations and Program Manager in coordination and
production of all internal and external NEW INC events.
• Connects with external vendors to source production materials, catering, rentals
and services for a wide range of events both at NEW INC and the New Museum.
• Orders and monitors the monthly usage of office supplies, catering, consumables
and other materials for the office.
• Works with the Head of Operations and Incubator Director to implement and
manage software solutions, technical tools, systems and processes for the
efficient operations of NEW INC.
• Assists the NEW INC team with scheduling, including but not limited to:
managing the Director’s calendar, coordinating workshop facilitators, Mentors,
and member-organized events.
• Keeps track of invoices and expenses, processing receipts and expense reports.
• Assists the Head of Operations with staff and member security requests and
• At minimum must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a
• 1-3 years professional experience as an executive assistant, office manager,
project manager, administrator or events producer is strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Project Management tools, and Adobe Creative
Suite is strongly desired.
• Must have a passion for detail and a commitment to high standards of execution
while meeting deadlines and juggling several tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent verbal and written and communication skills.
• Strong time management and project management skills.
• Resilient, hands-on and pro-active.
• Results oriented, able to understand business requirements and provide
solutions under budgetary constraints.
• Effective in data-based decision-making and skilled in translating decisions into
action-oriented and consistent implementation steps.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently, manage time and hit deadlines with
calmness under pressure.
• Nimble, comfortable and excited to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented
• Strong interpersonal skills are paramount, as well as a customer service
mentality oriented towards helping our community members in a timely and
• An interest or background in arts, design, technology or entrepreneurship is a
There are many exciting benefits to working at the New Museum, one of the most
cutting-edge contemporary art institutions in the world. Staff are encouraged to attend
events and public programs at the Museum and receive free entry to other museums in
New York City and all over the world. In addition, the New Museum offers a nimble,
growth-oriented, and collaborative work environment, as well as a competitive salary
and benefits package.
NEW INC, the Museum’s newest program, is establishing a new model for museums
and cultural institutions as the first-ever museum-led incubator. This role offers the
successful candidate an opportunity to join NEW INC’s tight-knit team and help build,
shape and grow an important and influential program that is charting a new course for
cultural impact in the rapidly evolving space of contemporary culture, technological
innovation, and the new economy.
Please send resume and a letter of interest, and salary requirements to