Design Technologist Intern
Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses. We know that takes all types of people. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences creates a stronger frog.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Design Technologist Intern
Winter Design Technologist Intern – New York Studio
Start Date: 1/28/19
End Date: 4/5/19
We are looking for exceptional interns to join our creative teams. Interns are treated like full time employees in the studio and work on active programs with project teams. The winter internships are paid and run for 10 weeks.
For an application to be considered, please submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio or Github URL
Intern Design Technologists at frog play the role of part futurist and part pragmatist while being a hands-on and organizer of technical insights, experiments, proofs, and models that bridge the gap between creative design services and software architecture and engineering as part of the successful delivery of innovative solutions for our clients. As a Design Technologist Intern, you will be assisting in driving technology platform research and experimentation, concept exploration, prototyping, and ideation within the creative process for designing user experiences in software. You will help to identify and analyze current and future UX technology patterns and trends, perform in-depth investigation and experimentation with emerging platforms and frameworks, and identify new opportunities and business value for UX innovation and differentiation with technology enablers. You collaborate closely with the creative organization to express design assets and artifacts in the form of user experience simulations, interactive prototypes, technical proof-of-concepts, and UI/presentation layer.
You are a maker and a tinkerer. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty, and you like challenges. You are creative, and technology is your medium.
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- Currently enrolled in a relevant degree seeking program (either graduate or undergraduate)
- A dedicated and talented technologist who understands the value of design and future-thinking.
- Detail oriented, hard working, self motivated, and proactive
- Understanding of :
- User interface design, user experience and information architecture
- Fundamentals of computer science, data structures, and algorithms
- Software design patterns, principals and best practices
- Iterative prototyping and/or product realization
- You are comfortable in one or more of the following areas:
- Frontend HTML5 web development (JS/CSS/HTML). Full stack experience is a huge plus.
- Databases and data manipulation
- Mobile development (iOS and/or Android)
- Creative coding for a screen in C++, Python, or your language of choice.
- Physical computing, basic electronic prototyping
- Data science and machine learning
See more and apply here.