Division: Estee Lauder Companies Online (ELC Online)
Group: Digital Technology and Innovation Group (DTIG)
Position: UX / UI Designer
Digital Technology & Innovation Group
The Digital Technology & Innovation Group (DTIG) is a division within ELC Online responsible for developing innovative digital consumer experiences that support the ELC portfolio of Brands. DTIG is a driven team, composed of talented and passionate strategists, product managers, producers, designers and engineers who work with teams across the division and company to drive constant innovation with our consumer at the center. From trend analysis to augmented reality to machine learning, our team develops digital products that enhance the consumer experience, solves business challenges and/or fills gaps in the consumer journey. If you are into ideating and designing a better journey for all user types start here. It is not enough to simply help users get things done, we help them get things done in the best and most innovative way
UX / UI Designer Overview
We are looking for a UX / UI designer with strong creative and conceptual design thinking, at the intersection of design and technology. Must have a strong grasp on user needs and user insights to understand UX / UI problems and design engaging, intuitive and delightful solutions. Candidate will be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, market and
competitive research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes. The UX / UI designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and iterate upon it in accordance with data, analytics, and user testing. Experience building products with visual search, voice, AI & machine learning technology is a plus. Note: Along with your resume, a portfolio of your design work is required for consideration.
· Translate ideas/concepts into aesthetically pleasing, cohesive, intuitive user experiences.
· Collaborate and work closely with design, product and engineering to fulfill the overall product/feature vision.
· Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, designing, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
· Design and deliver detailed user flows, user journeys, product maps, wireframes, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces, and communicate UX clearly.
· Work closely with relevant teams to brainstorm and evolve feature UX.
· Identify and evaluate design problems with current core experiences and devise elegant
· Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions, capabilities and features.
· Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs based on feedback from colleagues, peers, stakeholders or data/learnings found in user testing.
· Capture all states, including edge-cases, and path logic for the engineering team to build.
· Work with engineers to communicate UX and to understand technology capabilities /limitations.
· Ask smart questions, take risks, represent the user, and champion new ideas.
· 3+ years of UX / UI design experience designing consumer facing websites, apps, mobile experiences.
· BA/BS degree from accredited university with emphasis on Graphic Arts, Fine Arts, Communication, Psychology, English, or related discipline preferred.
· Strong conceptual thinking, experience and visual design skills, and proven ability to take a project from concept to launch with a solid understanding of process.
· Extensive experience in using UX / UI design best practices to design engaging,
interactive solutions across different platforms (web, mobile, tablet, etc.), a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
· A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
· Ability to synthesize and prioritize ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into tangible asset.
· Ability to eloquently present a creative point of view and design direction, and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams, stakeholders and clients.
· A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
Ability to empathize with the user.
· Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract or conceptual ideas into concrete design implications.
· Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
· Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
· Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
· Be passionate about all things UX / UI and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.