Potion is seeking a talented Design Intern to join our team.We are looking for a collaborative, motivated, and organized teammate whose energy thrives when thinking about creative challenges from an interactive
standpoint. Interns will be working with a tight-knit team of designers, developers and producers throughout a range of project phases—from research and concepting, design exploration & prototyping, through to the final stages of design production.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and willing to take risks and make mistakes in unexpected challenges. This is an opportunity to maximize creative exploration within a professional environment.
This is a full-time, three month paid internship on site in our Manhattan office.
How to apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Online portfolio that shows the very best of your thinking and making
• Cover letter
Expectations & Responsibilities
A Design Intern is responsible for supporting the conceptual development of a project as well as delivering on visual design and presentations, both internally and to clients. Design Interns are expected to share ideas and to iterate upon them with elegant design solutions. Understanding of interaction design may be
developing or advanced. Interns will be contributing to 1-2 projects at a time.
Qualifications & Skills
• This internship is open to undergraduate (above freshman year) or graduate students pursuing a design degree.
• Ability to translate design direction across multiple platforms and media types
• Solid foundation in visual communications design (composition, typography,
• Relevant interaction design experience
• Strong grasp of digital design principles
• Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to confidently present work to internal teams
• Ability to give and receive critical feedback
• Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Suite. Experience with 2D animation, film editing, or 3D is a plus
• Ability to prototype ideas quickly using pen and paper and/or with tools such as InVision, Principle, Framer, Sketch, etc.
• Awareness and interest in new media, emerging technologies, and design trends
• Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with a high-performing team
• Support of the mission and values of Potion—maturity, vision, humility, curiosity, enthusiasm, and inspiration
• Ability to handle confidential information and/or issues with discretion Design Interns will be expected to perform other job-related duties outside of what is listed in the above description at the request of their supervisor.
Things to note
• This is a paid and/or credit internship
• Non-US residents must arrange for a student visa and sponsorship
• We do not provide housing, but can help with recommendations