City of New York
Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications
DoITT provides for the sustained, efficient and effective delivery of IT services, infrastructure and telecommunications to enhance service delivery to New York City’s residents, businesses, employees and visitors. As the City’s technology leader, DoITT is responsible for maintaining the foundational IT infrastructure and systems that touch every aspect of City life from public safety to human services, from education to economic development crossing the full spectrum of governmental operations.
About Human-Centered Design (“HCD”)/ Service Design at DoITT DoITT is building the capacity to approach problems and find solutions prior to and as a part of our standard project processes. Our objective is to engage customers and end users through a highly collaborative and research-based method that culminates in rapidly prototyping and testing potential minimum viable products (MVPs). Participating in and facilitating these assessments requires specific soft skills as well as experience with UX and responsive design on public-facing initiatives.
The successful candidate will serve as a UX Assistant Director reporting to the NYC Gov Lab & Studios User Experience unit with the the Business Solutions Delivery Division. The UX Assistant Director role will work on and lead a variety of projects related to client website visual and interaction design, enterprise application development, mobile application development or COTS projects and internal and external communications efforts. The candidate will help lead teams and facilitate assessments using a Human-Centered Design (“HCD”)/Service Design methodology.
Responsibilities will include:
- Translate client and stakeholder requirements into flows and design interfaces for visual and interactive displays;
- Promote and applying UX design standards and best practices across various applications for cross-team and enterprise-wide use;
- Generate functional specification documents including user interaction models, wireframes, and user interface designs for applications and/or related software;
- Recommend and implement UX design standards and processes, prototyping methods and tools, and new technology that improve usability and accessibility;
- Lead a human-centered design (HCD) approach with project teams to design and develop user-centric business, technical, and product requirements;
- Lead, design and facilitate human-centered design client engagements;
- Work with HCD lead to iteratively develop DoITT’s HCD practice, methods, processes and consulting capacity;
- Assist in developing and facilitating HCD classes;
- Create prototypes of varying fidelity for user and product testing;
- Deliver production-ready UX design assets per project;
- Communicate UX design process methods and requirements to project stakeholders;
- Create and applying UX design patterns across applications;
- Perform special projects and initiatives as assigned
See more and apply here.