NYC Planning Labs Product Management Intern
We’re looking for a student or recent graduate with digital product experience who’s excited about bringing modern software development into city government. In this paid summer internship you’ll work with Planning Labs’ Product team, supporting our entire portfolio of apps.
About NYC Planning Labs
NYC Planning Labs is a division of the NYC Department of City Planning (DCP) that embraces progressive civic tech values including open technology, agile development, and user-centered design to build impactful products with NYC’s Urban Planners.
We work with modern tools and languages. We embrace mature frameworks, with an eye towards maintainability and long-term stability. We’re on the forefront of web mapping, and we intend to make our mark in open-source data engineering. We’re building an emergent UI language and tackling unique design challenges like bringing city planning mapmaking into the digital world. And we’re just getting started.
What you’ll do
- Help prioritize and track engineering and design tasks using GitHub and other agile project management tools
- Conduct user research to inform critical design decisions and identify potential product improvements
- Test products and new features to confirm usability and identify bugs
- Contribute to product strategy and success metrics, including Key Performance Indicator (KPI) models, monthly analytics, roadmaps, etc.
- Collaborate in the creation of product development and management documents, including roadmaps, project briefs, and user stories
- Assist in the design process and creation of prototypes and other assets
We’re looking for someone who is civic-minded, with outstanding communication and organizational skills. Familiarity with web development or similar creative project management is a plus.
- Program Duration: June 3rd – August 9th 2019
- Hourly Rate: $17.50
- Deadline to Apply: April 25th