Marketing/Social Media Intern
The Slowdown is a media platform that provides context and clarity around some of the most relevant and pressing issues of our time: culture, nature, and the future. Encouraging empathy and reflective thought through our beautifully crafted stories across a range of media, we create opportunities for people to stop, think, and be in the moment by providing a holistic, rationally optimistic perspective.
Our podcast, Time Sensitive, features candid, revealing portraits of curious and courageous people in business, the arts, and beyond who have a distinct perspective on time. Each week, The Slowdown’s co-founders, Spencer Bailey and Andrew Zuckerman, respectively interview a leading mind who has made a profound impact in their field, contributed to the larger conversation, and is concerned with the planet we all share.
Candidates will get the opportunity to collaborate closely with a small, forward-thinking team of passionate and accomplished creatives with experience in video and audio production, magazine making, curatorial work, and marketing/branding. Taking a less-but-better approach to content production, we’re not afraid to try new things and experimentation will be par for the course.
We’re looking for a reliable self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has big ideas about the future of the media business, is curious about the intersection of technology and nature, and doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
● Collaborate with our staff on strategy around social media, digital marketing, and brand
● Work closely with our co-founders and producer/digital studio manager to build and execute
a social media calendar
● Propose potential partners/partnerships for our various platforms
● Write and edit content that is released through social and digital media channels
● Track analytics and help build strategy to grow our various platforms
● High-school degree; must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program and
able to receive credit*
● Proficient computer skills, including G Suite
● Proficiency in social media platforms, especially Instagram and Twitter
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ambitious, detail-oriented, independent
● High energy and eager to take on new projects and ideas
● Can manage multiple moving projects simultaneously
● Must be able to work in our Manhattan office at least two days a week
● Previous marketing/social media experience is a plus
*Note: This position is unpaid and for course credit only.