OSHWA is a steward to the community of people who create, study, and use open source hardware. Open source hardware is hardware whose intellectual property is open rather than closed, i.e. patented. OSHWA is a US based 501(c)3 non-profit. OSHWA aims to foster technological knowledge and encourage research that is accessible, collaborative and respects user freedom.
OSHWA believes that the open source hardware community is strengthened by its diversity and, as such, encourages people of color, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, persons with disabilities, and people at intersections of these identities, from across the spectrum of disciplines and methods, to apply for this position.
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment, and information
- Help grantees break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
- Make sure needs of grantees and industry partners are met as projects evolve
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Familiarity with hardware
- Manage all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement)
- Track and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports
- Assist with schedule and travel management
- Use tools to monitor working hours, plans, and expenditures
- BA in business management, or work experience as a Program Coordinator or similar role
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal and listening skills
- Ability to think broadly about the project, but be able to scope objectives and define requirements
- Can guide our grantees to successful completion of their projects
- Eligible to work on a contract basis with a US-based nonprofit organization
Nice to have Qualifications:
- Well organized
- Excellent time management skills
- Problem solver
- Understanding of Academic Budgets/Grants
- Works autonomously
- To apply, please fill out this form and send your CV with the subject line “Program Coordinator CV” to email@example.com. OSHWA will be receiving applications through Jan 28th, 2022. We expect to conduct initial interviews by Feb 11th and final interviews by Feb 22nd. A hiring committee of OSHWA board members and OSHWA’s Executive Director will conduct all interviews. We aim to fill this position by March 1st. Any questions can be directed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This can be a fully remote position. Preference will be given to applicants working in or adjacent to US time zones.
- The program coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director.
- The application deadline is Jan 28th, 2022. We expect to conduct initial interviews by Feb 11th and final interviews by Feb 22nd. The ideal start date for the candidate is March 1st.
This is a contract-based part-time position. Candidates should expect to commit 20 hours per week for a period of one calendar year. Expected start date is March 1st, 2022 and the contract would end March of 2023. Compensation is $40,000 for that period.
OSHWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. OSHWA is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth (or related medical condition), sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, caregiver status, national origin, ethnicity, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, unemployment status, or any other legally protected basis. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.
If you require an alternative method of submission, such as a video, contact email@example.com.