Sustainability Internship Grant
The Sustainability Internship Grant was established to provide financial
assistance to students pursuing unpaid and low-paying internships in
qualifying industries in the sustainability field. The Office of Sustainability is
offering a limited number of $3,000 grants in Summer 2022.
Learn more and apply on our website:
● Summer session enrollment is not required. Fall 2022 enrollment is
● Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
● Students must secure the internship prior to the application deadline.
● Students attending NYU in F-1 or J-1 status are eligible to apply as long
as they fulfill all other requirements for the grant and for maintaining
their immigration status. Please contact OGS to learn more about
authorization for unpaid internships and volunteer work.
● Students must intern a minimum of 20 hours per week for a minimum
of 8 weeks at an unpaid/low-paying internship in a qualifying industry.
Cumulative hours will not be accepted.
● The unpaid/low-paying internship must be in the sustainability field.
Examples of accepted internship areas include (but are not limited to):
environmental justice, urban greening, renewable energy, urban
planning, food systems, environmental policy, natural resource
management, transportation, and waste management.
● Low-paying internships pay no more than $14/hr.
● Applications Open: Friday, April 1, 2022
● Application Deadline: Monday, May 2, 2022, 11:59pm ET
● Decision Notification: Friday, May 27, 2022