Senior Full-stack, Search Experience
- Colima 161, Roma Nte., Cuauhtémoc, 06700 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
- Employees can work remotely
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. Etsy, Inc.’s ‘house of brands’ portfolio has expanded to now include four individually distinct ecommerce brands — Etsy, fashion resale marketplace Depop, musical instrument marketplace Reverb, and Brazil-based handmade goods marketplace Elo7. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
As a Senior Engineer on Search Experience, you will play a major role in improving the shopping experience for millions of Etsy buyers. We are looking for someone who is product and delivery driven, and passionate about crafting innovative products at scale. Would you enjoy helping someone find that flawless item, even when they might not know the exact words to describe it? If so, this could be the perfect match.
- Build sophisticated solutions to help our buyers discover items from Etsy’s outstanding and diverse listings inventory for their personalized shopping missions.
- Prototype, optimize, and productionize large-scale product improvements that deliver key results.
- Run A/B experiments to validate product improvements.
- Collaborate with product managers, product designers, analysts, researchers, and other full-stack engineers to deliver optimal content to tens of millions of users.
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
- 5+ years of practical product development experience.
- A track record operating within a large codebase and working to create simplicity from complex systems.
- Bonus points if you’ve worked on e-commerce search experiences or other large-scale systems, or if you are familiar with machine learning fundamentals
- An analytical approach to understand how to wield data to make informed decisions about your work
- Experience writing understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Enthusiasm for thinking about the implications of your work on end users. You should be comfortable collaborating with Product Managers, Data Analysts, and Designers to ensure that you’re delivering impactful product features
- A trust in and commitment to Etsy’s vision, mission and values.
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.