Purpose is a socially aware agency creating 21st century movements located in SoHo NYC. We are currently looking for a Techical project manager. Link and description follow.
Technical Project Manager
The Technical Project Manager at Purpose is the primary coordinator in charge of moving projects from inception to launch. With a focus on scheduling and resource allotment, it is the PM’s goal to ensure that both internal and client facing expectations are set appropriately and updated when changes occur in the schedule.
The candidate will provide support for all aspects of the project lifecycle:
- Definition: Work with strategist to define clients’ needs and determine project scope and goals.
- Design: Develop business and functional requirements and obtain appropriate approvals. Set up initial project plan with milestones, tasks, duration and dependencies. Work with management to determine priorities and assign resources.
- Define project risks and contingencies.
- Build: Monitor progress of software development; identify issues and their resolution.
- Testing: Develop test plan, business cases, test scripts and success criteria. Monitor unit, systems and integration testing. Manage UAT (User Acceptance Testing) coordinate actual testing; maintain bug lists and their resolution through to retesting. Obtain sign off.
- Implementation: Provide final quality assurance and release schedule. Manage future enhancements and version control.
- In addition, the candidate will manage overall project administration:
- Develop and manage project plans.
- Define and implement a communications plan for each project.
- Manage scope creep and provide management its effect on implementation.
- Run project status and issues meetings, including meeting minutes.
- Provide status reports to management and clients.
- Perform stakeholder analysis, as necessary.
- Monitor and provide quality assurance to all SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) documentation.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Minimum 3 years of project management delivering client Web-based applications. We are not looking for the coder or BA with some project management experience. The candidate must have demonstrated successful completion of several short and long duration projects as the primary project manager.
- Self-starter. This is a new function in a new company. The candidate must be able to define his/her role, develop the project management mindset for the firm and be flexible to meet the ever-changing needs.
- Team leader. The candidate must work with the staff to obtain their trust and motivate them to complete the projects goals without constant directing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Technology or related field to have a good understanding of Web development.
- Agile Methodology preferrred
- Knowledge of Mac environment.
- PMI certification or Prince2 is desirable.
- To apply, please send a brief cover note explaining your fit for the role and a CV firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Technical Project Manager’ in the subject line.