Just wanted to share this job opportunity with the ITP community:
The green startup that I’ve been working on for the past year is looking to grow beyond our current team. We’re currently a small company of 5 with a 3-person dev outfit, and we’re searching for the right individual to step into a senior development role and make it their own. There’s no mention of ninjas, rockstars, or gurus in the job description, but we do take kindly to wizardry :)
If you’re interested or have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
The VP of Engineering will be directly responsible for the development and deployment of the company’s web, mobile, and social media presence. S/he will be responsible for all of the company’s product development activities, leading implementations and planning for risk and growth.
This is a terrific opportunity to join an innovative organization that has already gained momentum in a fast-growing industry. The position offers the opportunity for a competitive salary with significant equity upside.
– Will be responsible for all of the company’s product development activities
– Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development and deployment of all web based services
– Identify technology trends and technical hurdles that may support or impede the success of the business
– Establish governance processes of direction and control to ensure objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and resources are used properly, particularly in the area of development
– Supervise the software development process, setting objectives and assessing progress as defined by an agile software development methodology
– Establish a process to integrate customer service and support with software engineering process to provide resolution to customer issues and improve application’s usability
– Ensure technology standards and best practices are maintained
– Ensure technical problems are resolved in timely and cost effective manner
– Supervise recruitment, training and retention activities
Education: BS or MS in Computer science preferred
– 6 plus years experience with hands on Java Technologies
– Prior experience with product development or e-Commerce is preferred
– Should show experience delivering scalable websites that support high-demand audiences
– Should be strong with agile methodology and test-driven development
– Should be hands on with development and problem resolution
– Should be experienced with cloud-based computing environments
– Java, Java Web Technologies, JSP, Servlets, Spring, Spring MVC, Java Script, JQuery, Ajax, MYSQL database, UNIX Server Administration
-Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Ability to set and manage priorities
– Experience with JIRA or similar planning tools a plus
– Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
-Keen attention to details. Problem-solving ability
– Self-Motivated and be able to work in a collaborative environment
About The Company:
EcoSquid (www.ecosquid.com) is the first web portal to aggregate options for consumers to sell or recycle their electronics. EcoSquid solves a very important environmental problem with a profitable, well proven business model. As an early stage consumer internet startup, EcoSquid has already gained mainstream media attention. On the day of its launch, EcoSquid was featured on the home page of AOL. Within two days of its launch, EcoSquid had attracted over 10K visitors to its site. In the coming months, EcoSquid intends to expand its website and augment its web presence onto mobile and social media platforms.
In April of 2010, EcoSquid was awarded second place at the Harvard Business School’s Business Plan Contest. The company is currently in the process of raising a major round of funding, and it is looking to build a team of the best and brightest that can share in the upside of the venture.
This job is available for a candidate located in or willing to relocate (at their own expense) to the greater New York area.
Please send inquiries and resumes to: