Senior Agile Web Developer
Location: New York City, NY
Bank Street is a small college with a big voice in education, one heard and respected far and wide. Bank Street was founded in 1916 in New York City by visionary educator Lucy Sprague Mitchell. Over the years it has grown into an internationally-recognized leader in early childhood education, a pioneer in improving the quality of classroom education and teacher preparation, and a national advocate for children and families. It has also had a national impact on American education through its key roles in the design of such innovative programs as Head Start and Follow Through, as well as through its ongoing work in public school systems. Bank Street educates children, the educators who teach them, parents, school leaders, and those who make policy. The College is a rich source of innovative ideas and practices for all who care about children and their education. Bank Street College is based in the Upper West side on 112th street and Broadway, NYC.
Bank Street is currently taking on an ambitious redesign project for bankstreet.edu. We�re on the hunt for experienced, professional, and highly motivated Senior LAMP/Python Engineers to join our team. Experience with Python, MySQL, Apache, AJAX, and an eye for great design and functionality are all needed for this position. If you love coding, working on big cutting edge web projects, and want to be part of a progressive institution that has been defining education in the past 100 years, we want to hear from you!
- Lead development of the bankstreet.edu redesign project
- Integration with internal organizational systems and Learning Management Systems
- Technological leadership of the website project and the ability to lead and mentor junior developers
- Work with Open Source libraries, customizing them and potentially contributing back to them
- Minimum 3 years of experience writing top quality server-side code at high traffic websites
- Strong skills in agile web development frameworks (Django, Rails, Grails and the likes) and with their CMS implementation and customization
- Strong MySQL skills
- Commitment to standard compliant front end code and strong experience in cross-browser optimization
- Experience with Java
- Experience with J2EE, Liferay and the Java Portlet specification (JSR168, JSR286) a plus
- Some management experience and/or web design experience are a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as part of a small team
- Technical aptitude and problem-solving skills through cooperative approaches.
- BS/MS/PhD in CS or equivalent
Mushon Zer-Aviv: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Christina D’Aiello: email@example.com