User Interface Designer, VP, Client Access
Location: NY or Chicago
To apply, use the link provided below:
Treasury Services Client Access (TSCA) provides clients worldwide with access to the firm’s treasury management transaction and information services, through Internet, PC Workstation, and direct data transmission channels. The organization has end-to-end responsibility for these channels, including sales support, client experience, product management, User Acceptance Testing, program delivery and some back-office systems.
The Client Experience User Interface Designer is the responsible for the design of the JPMorgan ACCESS/Cash Online interface. They work closely with Market Research, Product Managers, and Business Systems Analysts (BSAs) to translate customer and business requirements and use cases into a customer-centric online experience, including the overall site structure and organization and page-level interaction/information definition. They translate ACCESS site UI standards into page designs that provide the customer with a consistent and easy-to-use experience that supports the JPMorgan Chase brand. They collaborate with Content Managers to define content needs and incorporate provided content into the site/page designs and UI Spec. They collaborate with the User Interface Developer to produce prototypes to test and validate design decisions with internal and external (customers) stakeholders. Finally, they collaborate with IT to translate the page designs into a functional specification, provide oversight to ensure that developed pages reflect the fidelity of the design, and support QA and UAT efforts to ensure the overall quality of the implemented online experience. Listed below are some key responsibilities:
- Review market and competitive intelligence, business drivers, needs and strategies with business and technology partners to understand implications for existing or new interfaces; ensure customer point of view is represented in business, interface and technology decision making
- Participate in various customer research efforts to define customer-driven interface requirements
- Produce site maps, user flows, wireframes, page layouts and functional specification deliverables for hand-off to technology.
- Provide guidance to Content Managers to define and develop content to support customers’ online interactions
- Perform high-fidelity usability testing to validate interface designs with end-users
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the site usability and the overall quality of the site design, organization and structure
- Develop and uphold user interface and site design guidelines to support site evolution and redesigns
- Identify and communicate risks associated with proposed user interfaces and suggest ways to effectively mitigate those risks.
- Provide guidance to ensure effective translation of user interface designs during technical implementation.
- Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT): test participant, issue identification and resolution.
- Manage individual workload and deliver to agreed upon project milestones
- Work effectively within team to identify and resolve issues
- Identify/mitigate risks to delivering solution on time
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels
- 5+ years experience in graphic design and production
- Ability to manage a staff of 1-2 individuals
- College degree in Interaction or Interface design, or comparable professional experience required
- Strong visual design sense, familiarity with branding standards.
- Ability to translate customer and business requirements into effective User Interface Designs.
- Ability to develop and translate design guidelines and standards.
- Knowledge of the Internet, Internet Technologies, web development processes & tools and web production
- In-depth knowledge of User Interface Design, best practices and industry standards
- In-depth knowledge of user/customer-centered design and development approaches
- Familiarity with transactional or e-commerce interface design required, experience with financial services preferred.
- Familiarity with end-user prototype and usability testing
- Working knowledge of Content Management system capabilities and database technologies