there is a boutique consulting firm seeking an IT Manager\System Administrator capable of supporting all aspects of technology environment. Some travel is required.
• Ability to support Windows XP\Vista and OS X clients.
• Troubleshoot Windows 2003 Server services including Exchange 2003, Sharepoint, MS Project Server, SQL, Active Directory and GPOs
• Troubleshoot and maintain Citrix XennApp environment, Citrix Access Gateway appliances, Web Interfaces and XenServer.
• Understanding of Networking protocols including DNS\DHCP\SMB and Network Printing
• Network Architecture and troubleshooting including Routing, Switching, LAN\VLANs and Trunking.
• Understanding of Telephony and VoIP.
• Liaising with vendors to open, escalate and resolve support issues and to negotiate contracts.
• Working knowledge of WAN replication products such as DoubleTake
• Must be able to identify needs of organization and propose viable solutions.
• Competent installing and configuring Cisco devices (CAT OS\IOS) and other 802.11 devices.
• Familiar with backup and disaster recovery scenarios using Backup Exec.
An accomplished troubleshooter is the ideal candidate and individuals with a strong foundational understanding of technology will succeed in this position. The selected candidate will be an intelligent and capable person who may not know all the answers but can quickly locate them.