Marketing & Community Manager
ChallengePost seeks Marketing & Community Manager, New York City
ChallengePost is looking for an exceptional marketing and community manager to promote our projects in person and online, manage our social media channels, grow our community, and provide customer support as we cement our leadership role as the central Marketplace for Challenges on the Internet.
ChallengePost is a web platform that connects talented problem solvers, supporters, and rewarding challenges. We’re well-funded and based in New York City. Our clients include First Lady Michelle Obama and the USDA, the City of New York (and the NYC BigApps challenge), Thomson Reuters, Samsung, and more. We recently were chosen to create and power the Governmentwide Challenge Platform across all federal agencies for crowdsourced problem-solving: http://challenge.gov. We are a lean team, and our business is growing rapidly.
- Promote our Challenges to Universities, blogs, software developer communities, and other appropriate channels
- Grow and cultivate our community
- Manage our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, and more)
- Create weekly reports for clients
- Visit Meetups in person to promote and speak about our Challenges
- Offer excellent customer support
- Extreme familiarity with online social networking tools
- Strong passion for the Internet
- Efficient problem solver with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated
- Strong organizational skills
- Enjoy working in a fast pace, collaborative team environment
Desired, but not required
- Prior work in a Start-up
- Experience with contests/competitions
Competitive, and commensurate with experience.
The Culture & Location
We’re more focused on deliverables than meetings. Everyone’s opinion is respected and all ideas are given equal consideration. It’s a culture of meaningful work by dedicated, hard-working individuals, but the environment is relaxed and creative too. Our offices are in the meatpacking district.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter explaining why they are best suited for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org