Jobs at Hunch.com
Hunch is looking for a well-rounded developer to join us in NYC.
Hunch was founded by successful entrepreneurs who previously started Flickr and SiteAdvisor. You can see what people are saying about us at www.hunch.com/press.
We are looking for someone who loves coding and building things. You should be excited about developing clever solutions to problems, systems issues in processing large data sets, and writing Python web apps.
The hours are long and the work is hard but the pizza is hot, the work is fulfilling, and the team is brilliant. You will be paid competitively, receive equity in the company, and work on some really interesting problems.
If you’d like to apply, please send a resume, description of projects you’ve built and a short email about yourself to email@example.com. BS or MS in Computer Science from a top school preferred, but a portfolio of great projects you’ve built is even better.
Hunch Internships (paid!)
Hunch has unique and exciting opportunities available for NYC-based students with an interest in the internet and technology startups. These internships will be supporting our marketing/content/business development teams.
Before you apply, read about what past interns have to say about their experience at Hunch.
Fun stuff you’ll get to do:
- Assist in the management and review of new content submissions made to Hunch.com
- Assist with Hunch promotions on twitter, facebook and other social media outlets
- Compile statistics and figures related to site traffic and analytics
- Actively participate in the community on Hunch.com
- Manage key partner documents and deliverables
- Perform research, market analysis, and form an opinion on what you find
- Office oddjobs that always seem to come up
- Be in a stimulating environment which includes lots of interesting entrepreneurs coming by to mingle, share their experiences, etc.
- Current college student or recent graduate
- Available for work in our Flatiron office for at least 8 hours or more per week
- Active interest in technology startups and the internet
- Good proofreading skills; stickler for proper spelling and grammar
- An active online presence, for example:
A personal blog or other online projects (please provide links)
Active member of online communities, UGC (twitter, foursquare, wikipedia, flickr, forums, etc)
- Good familiarity with basic office software applications, especially: MS Excel & PowerPoint
- Familiarity with photo editing or Adobe Photoshop skills would be nice (but not mandatory)
- Sense of humor + preferably a dog lover
- Curiosity, flexibility and enthusiasm
Send resume, brief cover letter stating why you’re interested in this opportunity, and your Hunch username to: firstname.lastname@example.org