Job Posting – AUTISM SPEAKS
Position Title: Web Developer
Reports to: Web Architect
Location: NYC or remote
PURPOSE: The primary purpose of this position is the development, implementation and maintenance of Autism Speaks’ awareness and fundraising sites, and electronic communications tools.
– Implements the technology and web site strategies laid out by the Web Architect and CCO
– Develops code and works within existing technology frameworks to efficiently develop and launch various web sites, applications and tools.
– Works closely with the Web Architect to determine the proper architecture, coding and implementation of all AS web properties
– Programs or adapts additional functionality as necessary to work in conjunction with existing AS platforms
– Helps manage relationships with site vendors and service providers
– Contributes to ongoing discussion and recommendation of technical best practices as necessary
– Promotes quality control protocols and consistency for online publishing
– Understands technical and functional design requirements
– Creates prototypes for client engagements
– Designs, codes, and tests technical solutions
– Identifies system deficiencies and recommends solutions
– Develops internal and external meeting objectives and agendas
– Conduct user acceptance testing, and report results
– Design and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces for ease of use.
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree – prefer Computer Science and/or related degree
– Minimum 3 years of experience in web development, web production or Internet-related field; prefer not-for-profit industry experience.
– Minimum 2 years of experience in using CMS/template driven systems, template driven systems preferred such as Drupal, Joomla or WordPress.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
– Must have development experience with Blackbaud Sphere (formerly Kintera Sphere). This is a strong requirement as we are developing primarily within Kintera.
– Understands the necessity of and contributes to coding standards
– Excellent development and coding skills
– Strong technology background, with an eye for consistency and branding
– Has worked with source control systems like Subversion or git
– Should have development experience within Drupal. If you have contributed source code to the project, you are an ideal candidate.
– Detail oriented
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to multi-task and prioritize
– Proven ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of staff
If interested in this position, please send your resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org