Company: Tribeca Film Festival Online Location: NYC
Job Title: Social Media Coordinator FLSA Classification: Exempt
Tribeca Enterprises is a diversified media and entertainment company that owns the world-renowned Tribeca Film Festival as well as a series of branded platforms, including a film distributor (Tribeca Film); international and live event properties including the Doha Tribeca Film Festival and the Tribeca/ESPN Sports Film Festival; a programming and event venue (Tribeca Cinemas); and a for-profit digital and media arts school (Tribeca Flashpoint)
Full time seasonal position from December 2010 thru May 2011. Coordinates all social media efforts for TFF Online. Will work closely with filmmakers who are invited to the Film Festival as well as Festival Online Staff.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
– Coordinate all social media efforts for Tribeca Film Festival Online.
– Create Filmmaker Social Media Toolkit to be used by the Tribeca Film Festival Online filmmakers.
– Organize the Social Media Bootcamp for interested filmmakers prior to the launch of the Festival Online, who wish to learn best practices in social media.
– Interface with filmmakers regarding all TFF Online filmmaker and TFF Online social media efforts.
– Work with filmmakers to create targeted social media campaign for each film selected for TFF Online viewing.
– Coordinate all social media posts for Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Tumblr related to TFF Online and TFF Online Channels.
– During TFF post a status updates from various Festival locations in video, picture and text, including interviews with filmmakers, filmgoers and celebrities that appear in the TFF Online channels.
– Supervise the social media volunteers during the Festival who will create behind the scenes posts from all parts of TFF that appear in the TFF Online channels.
A Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related discipline is required.
Position Requirements /Scope of the Job/ Skills Required:
– 2 Year minimum of digital marketing experience specifically in the area of social media
– Extensive knowledge of major social media platforms, their core functionality and use, particularly Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Foursquare, and YouTube.
– Knowledge of Blogging platforms such as Blogger and WordPress
– Extensive knowledge of current best practices in social media and digital marketing campaigns.
– Experience planning and executing social media campaigns for entertainment personalities and/or properties.
– Knowledge of independent film world is preferred but not required
– A degree in marketing is preferred, but not required.
If interested, please contact Christopher Dorr at firstname.lastname@example.org