New York City
Scientific American seeks an interactive production associate to join the art department for a short-term project (1 to 3 months) to bring a special issue to the iPad. The ideal candidate is energetic, passionate, and knowledgeable about the latest technology trends, best practices, and has an interest in science.
- Translate static print layouts to interactive digital designs using new Adobe tools
- Keep up-to-date in the latest developments in app-creating technology
- Expert in Creative Suite 5 including Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, experience with new Adobe related tools a plus.
- At least 1-2 years experience working with interactive elements.
- Online portfolio or digital body of work that shows attention to detail, an understanding of user-centered visual design and navigation, and story-telling skills
- Understanding of web and iPhone/iPad app usability principles and experience designing UI elements
- Create working mock-ups of your concepts a plus
- Ability to learn new software quickly
To apply, please email resume and cover letter (with hourly rate requirements) to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title email [your name], Interactive Production Associate