Job Opening: Marketing and Operations Intern
Posted: November 29, 2010
Hey, Neighbor! (http://heyneighbor.com) is an early start-up working on a location-based product that will make being a good neighbor easier. We connect neighbors with neighbors who may not otherwise know each other and provide them an easy way to interact with one another.
We are looking for an intern with expertise or a keen interest in marketing and the business of social media to join our team part-time in our NYC office. We are flexible with working hours and location and can work around class schedules. Our development is underway and our Beta is set to launch in January.
– Work with co-founders to conduct research on competitive and complementary websites and mobile applications
– Assist with identifying and defining partnership opportunities, transactional systems, policies, guidelines, etc. as needed
– Research key statistics and assist with monitoring key news in our space
– Assist with strategic planning for future feature rollouts and scaling
– Set up and manage HN marketing efforts on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, etc.
– Create, manage and contribute to HN blog regularly
– Provide feedback on design and tech builds
– Assist with quality assurance reviews
– Assist with operational administrative tasks as needed
– Experience with social networking and location-based mobile applications
– Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative atmosphere
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to multi-task
– Management experience or previous social network start-up experience a plus
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– College degree in computer science a plus
Timing and Compensat ion
– Starting in December, 2010 or January, 2011 through May, 2011 (part-time)
– Open to considering candidates for the Winter Break only
– This opportunity is unpaid, but it’s a chance to work with an experienced team on an exciting
product and our goal is for it to lead to a paid, full-time position or paid Summer internship
If you’re interested in joining us, please email email@example.com.
About The Founders Barbara Pantuso, Founder and CEO, just left a Director position at Frog Design to pursue her dream of
creating a meaningful start-up. She has started companies, worked for established ones, and has had a side career of traveling many regions of the world. She was also a pastry chef in Italy and still loves spending time in the kitchen. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/barbara-pantuso/3/0/249
Daniel Dietrich, Co-founder and COO, is an electrical engineer having focused his career on sales/business development for companies like Texas Instruments and start-ups like Silicon Labs. For the past 5 years, he has been doing a variety of investing and consulting. His passion for travel has taken him to all 7 continents and over 40 countries around the globe. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/daniel-dietrich/21/384/185