IA / UX Designer
You’ll be a key member of our Product Team, helping define and implement a creative vision across our company and its products. Please note that this is a consultant-to-hire opportunity.
This position will place you in a leadership role in a fast-growing startup facing unique design challenges. You must have a strong creative vision and be comfortable communicating that vision internally and to clients, informing a suite of products deployed across a content network accessed by millions of people.
As a candidate, you must have facility in crafting experiences that meet the needs of both consumers and commercial partners. You are equal parts product-thinker, information architect, interaction designer, and usability professional. You realize that the ideal first release of a product is one that may not include all the features the business wants but works better than the audience expects. You care deeply about detail while keeping the big picture in mind.
This position will work closely with business owners and developers to articulate product vision, wireframe concepts, diagram workflow, shape informational hierarchies, design interaction models, and shepherd products through design and development.
Experience is great, but expertise is paramount.
● Wireframe new product concepts, refining and validating them with front- and back-end developers.
● Design and implement production workflows to support new products. This involves driving user acceptance from business owners based on their needs.
● Oversee realization of a full set of logical design materials appropriate to a given project.
● Oversee the consistent definition, implementation, and evolution of smart UX patterns and interaction models.
● Play a flexible role across our products: sometimes as primary UX designer on your own project, sometimes as UX consultant to others.
● Stay current with advancements in interactive technology and competitive or complimentary products, and advocate for the appropriate application of those advancements in our own products.
● Identify and create opportunities for user feedback in the development of new and existing features.
● Run or direct usability testing as appropriate.
● 4-5 years of experience
● Great design aesthetic
● Ability to manage UX-specific production designs, including concept sketches, rough wireframes or flows, visual design comps, rapid prototyping/demos, and mood boards and assist in the creation of associated mitigation plans.
● Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, wireframing and presentation software
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Great to have:
● Mobile and other rich internet application design experience
● Understanding of both consumer and business-to-business products
Please respond to this link: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?aj=oe51VfwZ&s=NYU
About Group Commerce:
Group Commerce‘s mission is to enable audience owners to succeed in e-commerce. Audience owners include email/web/print publishers, celebrities, affinity groups and anyone who has a large engaged audience to whom they could make product and service offers.
Group Commerce’s solution helps audience owners to generate incremental revenue streams, while deepening audience engagement. Group Commerce’s initial goal is to build the industry’s best white-label solution to powers group-buying and social commerce deals for large publishers. The solution includes a web-based technology platform, merchandising strategy, merchant offer sourcing and management, email integration, payment gateway and administration and marketing strategy.
Since its inception in 2010, Group Commerce’s solution has been successfully sold to and deployed at leading online publishers, including Daily Candy, The New York Times, Meredith Publishing and Thrillist, among others. Group Commerce is founded and managed by executives from Google, DoubleClick, AOL, 1800Flowers and Gilt Groupe http://groupcommerce.com/about/ourpeople/; and is funded by Spark Capital, Carmel Ventures, Bob Pittman and Lerer Ventures.