Interaction Design (Intern Position)
MauroNewMedia, one of the most experienced user interface design and usability research-consulting firms in the U.S., is currently seeking Interaction Design Interns to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to gain experience working hands-on with large user interface design projects in a support function related to conceptualizing and developing understandable and usable user interface solutions involving complex systems and software applications. This is a demanding and highly professional design environment located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
Primary responsibility is to work in a supporting function to senior members of our UI design and research team. You will contribute to design solutions based on initial conceptual and visual design direction provided by senior designers or partners of the firm. You will assist in creating design solutions (mockups and comps) for a wide range of software and web-based interface products. Responsibilities may include creating simulations, mockups, visual design assets and design concepts for actual projects. You will also assist partners in preparation of sales and marketing materials and maintenance of project methodology systems.
This is a paid internship ($10 per hour). Current college, graduate students, or recent college graduates who have completed significant course work or internships involving user interface designs for software and websites are encouraged to apply. Candidates must be able to work on-site a minimum of 16-24 hours a week. Exceptional performance may lead to full-time employment.
- Self-motivated individuals with demonstrated excellence in creating interactive design solutions. Areas of demonstrated excellence should cover overall user flow, navigation, page design, visual interface design and usability.
- Diligent, focused, strong attention to detail, and able to follow direction well.
- Strong graphic design skills are a plus.
- Strong skills in interaction design, graphic design, web programming (simplified).
- Proficiency with core MS Office programs, Adobe CS 4-5 applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator, Dream weaver, Flash is critical.
- Working knowledge of user-centered design processes, HTML and design trends are a plus.
- Working knowledge of human factors engineering and usability concepts is a big plus
- Experience working with Microsoft Expression Blend and SketchFlow is a big plus.
Please send your resume/portfolio and availability to jobs@MauroNewMedia.Com
No phone calls or faxes please. Positions are being filled immediately. We are located on the Upper East Side in Manhattan.