MTV NETWORKS, a unit of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), is one of the world’s leading creators of entertainment content, with brands that engage and connect diverse audiences across television, online, mobile, games, virtual worlds and consumer products. Recognized throughout the world, MTV Networks’ diverse holdings include interests in television, digital media, publishing, home video, radio, recorded music, recreation, licensing and merchandising. With more than 160 channels worldwide, MTV Networks owns and operates favorites including MTV: Music Television, MTV2, mtvU, Tr3s, VH1, VH1 Classic, CMT, Logo, Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., TeenNick, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV Land, Spike TV, Atom, AddictingGames, Shockwave, GameTrailers, Neopets, Quizilla, Y2M as well as MTVN International.
An MTV Networks Internship allows college students to work in an innovative, progressive, fast paced and professional environment. Students are exposed to all levels of MTV Networks, which has proven to be an invaluable experience to individuals interested in pursuing a career in the entertainment industry. MTV Networks is committed to diversifying our organization. Embracing differences is an integral part of our culture and a key element for our success is creating and maintaining an inclusive environment.
- Geared toward upperclassmen (juniors/seniors) and law students.
- Open during fall, spring and summer semesters.
- Students must be registered for an internship for academic credit with their college or university, and must provide official documentation on school letterhead confirming this information upon acceptance of the internship.
- Requires a minimum of 10 weeks (excluding weekends).
- Students must be available to work a minimum of two full days per week; some areas may require additional days.
- Application dates for resume submissions are rolling. See Web site for specific details.
MTV NETWORKS HAS INTERNSHIPS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING DEPARTMENTS:
ANIMATION ON-AIR GRAPHICS
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PLANNING AND DESIGN
BUSINESS AND LEGAL AFFAIRS PRODUCTION
COMMUNICATION PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
CONSUMER PRODUCTS PROGRAMMING
CREATIVE SERVICES PUBLIC AFFAIRS
DEVELOPMENT RADIO NETWORK
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIAL EVENTS
INTERNATIONAL STANDARD AND PRACTICES
INFORMATION SYSTEMS & TECHNOLOGY TALENT AND CASTING
MARKETING TAPE LIBRARY
MUSIC AND TALENT WARDROBE
NATIONAL ADVERTISING SALES WEB/DIGITAL/MULTIMEDIA
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.mtvnetworkscareers.com/internships/