Community Manager – HowAboutWe.com
Who We Are
HowAboutWe makes it faster, easier and more fun than ever to get offline on awesome dates. We are transforming the dating space and helping people all over the world find the relationships they’re looking for.
We’re a well-funded (Series B), fast-growing startup with headquarters in a loft space in New York City. We love building innovative products that make a real difference in people’s lives.
You can read more about us at: http://www.howaboutwe.com/about.
Who We’re Looking For
You love HowAboutWe – our brand, our product, and what we’re trying to achieve. Going online to get offline is what you’re all about.
You are deeply enthusiastic about being the primary human connection between our users and our product and marketing teams. You want to support our community to have amazing experiences using our products. You want to represent our users’ needs and ideas – advocating for product improvements that will enhance their experience of HowAboutWe.
You are a clear thinker. You are meticulous. You are a terrific writer and communicator. You are empathic. You are self-motivated. You are a skillful collaborator. You love the internet and what it can give us.
Ideally, you would have experience as a community manager of a large consumer facing web application. But more importantly, you have an intense desire to be constantly learning and contributing. You have a burning excitement about creating web products that people simply love.
And of course, it’d be cool if you were a HowAboutWe user.
- Build an engaged, positive, and safe community on HowAboutWe through email communications, on-site communications about product updates, social media communications, and in-world events.
- Help to build community for new product launches, particularly our planned product for couples.
- Oversee all customer service
- Oversee all community quality assurance, including profile reviews, etc.
- Support user experience testing including focus groups, individual user testing, and large-scale user surveys
- Innovate – find new, creative ways to build an amazing HowAboutWe community.
- Sustainable Pace – Our whole team is committed to a full workday of energized work that includes an hour lunch break and leaving at a reasonable hour. Really.
- Health Insurance – We cover 100% of health costs for every team member.
- Ten Paid Holidays – Our office closes for all standard paid holidays.
- Fifteen PTO Days – We encourage our team to take vacation and recharge.
- Food & Drink – We keep the fridge stocked and often have multiple team meals each week.
This position is for full-time employment on-site in our office in DUMBO. We will support relocation for the right candidates.
To apply please first check out our site and make sure you love what we’re doing. Then please send a resume and cover letter to Aaron Schildkrout, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.