Product Manager – HowAboutWe.com
Who We Are
HowAboutWe makes it faster, easier and more fun than ever to get offline on awesome dates. We are transforming the dating space and helping people all over the world find the relationships they’re looking for.
We’re a well-funded (Series B), fast-growing startup with headquarters in a loft space in New York City. We love building innovative products that make a real difference in people’s lives. We value off-the-charts ambition.
You can read more about us at: http://www.howaboutwe.com/about.
Our product team embraces: metrics-driven UX design, continuous deployment, testing, incessant brand building, innovation in user interaction, cohort analytics, strong engineering-design collaboration, and tight feedback loops.
Who We’re Looking For
You are deeply enthusiastic about managing the development of a suite of large, consumer-facing dating products that revolutionize the way people find and sustain love online and offline.
You are a smart, creative, and independent thinker. You are innovative and, at the same time, fanatical about details. You understand that if you can’t quantitatively demonstrate that what you’ve built works, then it doesn’t work. You are a great communicator – with both designers and engineers. You are totally self-motivated and a skillful collaborator. You love the internet and what it can give us.
Ideally, you would have experience as a web application product manager. You would know the languages of tech and design. You would know how to manage a feature backlog.
Most importantly, you have an intense desire to be constantly learning and contributing. You have a burning excitement about creating amazing web products.
- Collaboratively define and prioritize the features we’ll be building for HowAboutWe on the web and various mobile platforms.
- Help to imagine and construct new product lines for HowAboutWe including an application to help couples find and plan amazing date experiences.
- Become obsessed with understanding and communicating to our team about user behavior data.
- Manage our customer service and quality assurance workflow
- Organize user experience testing including focus groups, individual user testing, and large-scale user surveys
- Competitive Salaries and Stock Options – We pay highly competitive salaries in addition to significant stock options.
- Sustainable Pace – Our whole team is committed to a full workday of energized work that includes an hour lunch break and leaving at a reasonable hour. Really.
- Agile Process – Our product development is hugely collaborative and includes working directly with our stakeholders on delivering business value, pair programming and daily stand-ups.
- Modern Development Tools – We use Pivotal Tracker for project management, GitHub for source control, Ruby, Rails and VIM.
- Health Insurance – We cover 100% of health costs for every team member.
- Ten Paid Holidays – Our office closes for all standard paid holidays.
- Fifteen PTO Days – We encourage our team to take vacation and recharge.
- Food & Drink – We keep the fridge stocked and often have multiple team meals each week.
This position is for full-time employment on-site in our office in DUMBO. We will support relocation for the right candidates.
To apply please first check out our site and make sure you like our work and want to contribute to it. Then please send a resume and cover letter to Aaron Schildkrout, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.