Please contact us with your resume, CV, and/or portfolio: jobs at redwoodrobotics.com . No phone calls or 3rd party recruiters please.
Robot Interaction and User Experience Co-op
The RI-UX Co-Op will explore the question: What is the “desktop metaphor” for teaching a robot arm that can work alongside people? Robot arms that can safely sense and react to physical contact with a person, and the ubiquity of touch screen tablets, enable new opportunities to teach robots. The RI-UX Co-Op will work with our product team to develop a robot interaction metaphor, analogous to the desktop metaphor for the PC, that enables rapid and intuitive instruction of robots. The RI-UX Co-Op will prototype mechanical interfaces, storyboard user experiences, breadboard tablet UIs, and conduct user studies with our prototype arm. This a Co-Op position with the potential for full-time hire after six months.
- Understand, articulate and improve on the interaction model
- Setup and conduct user testing and experiments to validate user experience hypotheses
- Create mechanical prototypes of product features that support physical human-robot interaction
- Create wireframe designs of tablet based UIs
- Create a UI/UX specification for the next phase of product development
- BS or above in Industrial Design or related discipline
- Excellent ability to sketch ideas and storyboards
- Demonstrated very strong design and aesthetic sense
- Rhino, Solidworks, and/or other 3D surfacing tools
- Experience with various forms of digital fabrication
- Experience with UI design tools a plus
- Experience with robotics a plus