Email email@example.com with a cover letter, a resume, and some links to your work if you are interested in joining our amazing team!
We are looking for a seasoned Ruby on Rails developer with experience in at least one other relevant domain, ranging from front-end development or graphic design to interface design or system operations. In short: the more full-stack you are, the better.
You should be a well-rounded and self-motivated technologist, with great analytical skills and an eye toward user experience.
You will be working with a small development team to build up the 3rd Ward website, as well as building tools for internal staff and student/teacher interaction. We are in the process of laying a strong technical foundation for the future of 3rd Ward, and are positioning ourselves to be an innovator in the space of online/offline education.
Skills & Requirements
- Two or more years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with relational databases, especially MySQL
- Experience with test driven development
- Comfortable with the OSX development environment, the Unix command line, and git
- Have an understanding of common design patterns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Graphic and/or interface design
- Linux server administration, especially with Amazon Web Services
- NoSQL database experience
For extra awesomeness:
- An active github account
- A history of contributing to open source software
- Worked for an early stage startup
- Have an interest in education and the arts
About 3rd Ward
We are a maker and educational space in Brooklyn, NY that offers classes that span the digital and analog worlds. Types of classes include programming, graphic design, 3d modeling, arduino, woodworking, metalsmithing, art, jewelry, textiles, and more.
3rd Ward has a unique and offbeat culture full of creative individuals and offers plenty of personal and professional freedom.