Position: Raptor Intern (paid, part-time year round and full-time summer 2013)
Location: NYC or Boston
Raptor Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm investing in companies targeting consumer internet, technology, digital media, and e-commerce with a focus on cross-market investment theses. We focus on providing value to our portfolio companies through partnerships with key strategic companies to accelerate growth and maximize market opportunity.
Job Description: We are seeking a Raptor Intern to be involved in all stages of the investment process – both on the venture fund and private investments. This is a great way to learn about the venture capital industry, as the intern will have exposure to many aspects of the venture capital business. In addition, helping analyze private deals, potential incubations, Raptor campus program, and our other internal projects.
The successful candidate will be a key member of a small team of highly successful investors and entrepreneurs and work closely with the Raptor Ventures team on projects related to projects that relate to deal sourcing, company diligence, industry and sector research, financial modeling and data management. This individual will be a highly analytical, innovative and driven self-starter with deep technical experience combined with business judgment.
• Conduct all stages of due diligence, including: market analysis, business model analysis, product critique, sales/marketing plan analysis
• Source new investment opportunities through networking and strategic partnerships
• Identify emerging areas of strategic importance to the Raptor ecosystem
• Provide hands-on operational and strategic support to portfolio companies
• Strong technical and/or product development background
• Comfortable working with various financial and accounting models. Domain experience in financial analysis for an industry or ideally two; know the inputs and relevant metrics.
• Fluency in Excel is a must.
• Understanding of emerging technologies
• Ability to work independently
• Strong verbal and writing communication skills
• Ability to interact and communicate at all levels from CEO to individual contributor
• Ability to analyze, evaluate, defend, and quickly form independent judgments on a wide variety of businesses
• Exceptional organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
• Deep interest in entrepreneurship
Contact Greg Rosen, greg.rosen@raptorgroup.
• Links to your: LinkedIn profile, Twitter handle, Blog/online presence